Ball valves and butterfly valves are two important categories of valves and are widely used. The ball valve requires strict sealing at high temperature and high pressure and low flow resistance. Butterfly valves are mainly used for working conditions with low pressure and low sealing requirements.
There are also many classifications of ball valves and butterfly valves. Ball valves can be divided into: metal hard-sealed ball valves, soft-sealed ball valves, floating ball valves, fixed ball valves, eccentric semi-ball valves, V-shaped regulating ball valves, etc.
The butterfly valve is divided into: three eccentric butterfly valve, double eccentric butterfly valve, centerline butterfly valve, hard sealing butterfly valve, soft sealing butterfly valve.
Ball valves and butterfly valves are commonly used valves. In some cases, both can be used in common use, and in some working conditions, only one of them can be used. The respective characteristics of these two types of valves. We briefly analyze:
Ball valve: the cock valve evolved, the opening and closing part is a sphere, the characteristics are:
1. The circulation resistance is small. When fully opened, there are no parts blocking the flow of the medium in the channel;
2. It can be completely sealed under higher pressure and higher temperature;
3. It can be opened and closed quickly;
4. Realize high wear resistance and strong corrosion resistance through hardening treatment;
5. The valve body is symmetrical, which can effectively withstand pipeline pressure and can cope with high-pressure working conditions.
Butterfly valve: The opening and closing part is a disc type butterfly plate, which is characterized by:
1. Simple structure, small size and convenient installation;
2. Small flow resistance coefficient, rapid opening and closing;
3. It can be used for large diameter valves;
4. Different sealing surfaces can be used in various environments, including powdery and granular media.
Compared with the ball valve, the butterfly valve has a slightly worse sealing performance, but among the large-diameter valves, the butterfly valve has a unique advantage over the ball valve; when used to adjust the flow rate, the butterfly valve has a small adjustment range, while the V-type adjustment ball valve is adjustable. In high-pressure pipelines, ball valves have advantages over butterfly valves.
Post time: May-24-2021