API 600 Wedge Gate valve
What is API 600 Wedge Gate valve ?
The opening and closing parts of the API 600 Wedge Gate valve are the gate,in shape of a wedge,that's the reason that they are named as wedge gate valve.the direction of motion of the gate is perpendicular to the fluid direction. The wedge gate valve can only be fully opened and fully closed and can not be adjusted and throttled.The gate valve was designed to be used either fully open or fully closed, because due to the shape of its obturators which have the shape of a wedge, if it were operated partially open, there would be a great loss of pressure and the sealing surface will be damanged under impact of the fluid.
API600 wedge gate valve,designed and manufactured according to the American standard API600,ASME B16.34, flanged end to ASME B 16.5, and tested according API598, has a specific and restricted function to release or block the flow of different types of fluids in pipelines.
The main feature of a API600 cast steel gate valve is that its sealing surface between the “gate” and its seat is flat.
In this way, API 600 cast steel flanged gate Valve is indicated and designed for use in several types of installations, gate valves operate fully open or fully closed according to the precision of use.
cast steel gate valve must be operated in lines with only liquid fluids that are not very corrosive and do not leave residues, as they can prevent the drawer from closing completely.
API600 wedge gate valve has a bonnet that closes the valve body, this bonnet can be bolted bonnet, or pressure seal bonnet, often bolt bonnet that are used for larger diameters and pressure seal bonnet is for higher pressure lines.
Main features of API 600 Wedge Gate valve ?
- Universal trim:API trim 1(13Cr),trim 5(Stellite Gr.6 faced both wedge and seat) and trim 8(Stellite Gr.6 faced on seat) are available.and other trim numbers depending the the body materials chosen.
- Large size up to 72",and high working pressure 2500lbs
- Flexible wedge with low center stem-wedge contact, in solid CA15 (13Cr) or hardfaced with 13Cr, SS 316, Monel or Stellite Gr.6. Wedge is ground and lapped to a mirror finish and tightly guided to prevent dragging and seat damage.
- Seat face Stellite Gr.6 alloy hardfaced, ground and lapped to a mirror finish.
- A Stellite hardfaced CF8M wedge is also available on request.
- Non-rotating rising stem with precision Acme threads and burnished finish and brass stem nut,the risng stem.
- Body and bonnet jasket accurately machined and spriral wound gasket.
- Flanges:ASME B16.5 and ASME B16.47 for 28"-72"
- Small flow resistance and pressure loss,due to the straight flow passage and full open wedge.
- Bi-directional sealing
- long time to shut down and slow movement of the wedge,no water hammer phenomenon for the wedge gate valves.
- Compact form,simple structure,makes it easy for manufacturing and maintenance,and wide range of application.
- Small torque required when opening and closing.no matter it is open or closed,the movement direction of the wedge is perpendicular to the flow direction of the medium.
Technical specifications of API 600 Wedge Gate valve ?
|Design and Manufacturing||API600,ASME B16.34|
|Body Materials||WCB, WC6, WC9, WCC, CF8, CF3, CF3M, CF8M, 4A, 5A|
|Trim||Trim 1,5,8 and other trims on request|
|Face to Face||ASME B16.10|
|Flange Standards||ASME B 16.5, ASME B16.47|
|Buttweld||ASME B 16.25|
|Inspection and Test||API598|
|Operation||Handwheel,Worm gear,Electric actuator|
|NACE||NACE MR 0103 NACE MR 0175|
Applications of API600 wedge gate valves:
This kind of API 600 Wedge Gate valve provide optimum performance in conditions where high flow efficiency, tight shut off and long service is required. A wide choice of shell and trim materials do cover the whole range of applications, from the every-day type of non-corrosive service to critical service with highly aggressive media. it is widely utilized in pipeline with liquid & other fluids,Petrol,oil,Chemical,Petrochemical,Power and Utilities etc