Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator
What is Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator ?
Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator may be defined as a mechanical device that converts linear force into torque to motorise quarter-turn valves. A single-acting scotch yoke actuator is made of three main components: housing containing the yoke mechanism, pressure cylinder containing the piston and spring enclosure.
Main features of Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator
- Compact design offers a high torque to weight ratio
- Modular Design offers easy configuration in the field
- Module alignment ensured by precision machined centering rings
- Torque Output ranging from 2,744 to 885,100 in-lb (310 to 100,000 Nm)
- Spring End Torque ranging from 2,744 to 445,261 in-lb (310 to 50,306 Nm)
- Standard premium epoxy/polyurethane coating
Technical specification of Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator
- Pressure Range: 40 - 150 psi (2.8 - 10.3 bar)
- Media: Dry Compressed Air/Inert Gas
- Temperature Range Options:Torque Base: Mounting Dimensions per ISO 5211: 2001(E)
- Standard: -20°F to 200°F (-29°C to 93°C)
- High Temperature: Up to 300°F (149°C)
- Low Temperature: Down to -50°F (-46°C)
- Accessories: Shaft Driven Accessories Mounting per NAMUR-VDE
- Performance Testing: EN 15714-3:2009
- Ingress Protection: IP66/IP67M per IEC 60529
- Safety: ATEX, SIL 3 suitable, PED on request
Product Show: Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator
Product Application: Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator
What is Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator used for ?
Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator is available in symmetric design to meet application specific valve torque demand requirements with minimum cost and weight.
Scotch yoke pneumatic actuator are provided with modular design. A pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder can be attached to either or both sides. A spring cylinder can also fitted to either side for ESD (emergency shutdown) applications. With large stock or finished and semi-finished components always available, actuators can be assembled and supplied with very fast and reliable deliveries