U Type Butterfly Valve
What's U type butterfly valve?
U type Butterfly Valve,first of all,it's a type of resilient seated butterfly valve,is also referred to as “concentric”,"rubber lined" and “rubber seated” butterfly valve,has a rubber (or resilient) seat between the external diameter of the disc and the internal wall of the valve.
Butterfly valve is a quarter-turn valve that rotates 90 degrees to open or close the media flow. It has a circular disc, also known as the butterfly, found at the center of the body that functions as the closing mechanism of the valve. The disc is connected to an actuator or handle through the shaft, which goes through from the disc to the top of the valve body.
The movement of the disc will determine the position of the butterfly valve.The resilient seated butterfly valve wafer type can work as isolating valve if the disc rotates a full 90-degree turn, the valve is completely opened or closed.
Butterfly valve is also used as flow regulalting valve,if the disc does not rotate to a full quarter-turn, it means the valve is partially open,we can regulate the flow of fluids by various openning angle.
(CV/KV chart of resilient seated butterfly valve is available on request)
Secondly,according to the method of installation,U type Butterfly Valve,is also a wafer type valve.
Eventhough there are two integral flanges on the valves,but it's still in the catagory of wafer type,same face to face dimensions as the wafer type with compact desgin,it's fit between two flanges,with studs passing from one flange through other. The valve is held in place and sealed with gasket by the tension of studs.A resilient seated butterfly valve U type is a lightweight, maintenance-free, cost-effective, and reliable solution to various applications.
the flanges are designed for each alignment and installation for large size valves.for in our company,resilient seated butterfly valves wafer type and lug type are for the diameter DN32 to DN600.for larger sizes,we use U type flange butterfly valves or double flange butterfly valve,which is another serie of products.
you may find the differences for the installation of resilient seated butterfly valve wafer type,U type and double flange type.
Main Features of NORTECH resilient seated butterfly valve U type
WHY TO CHOOSE US?
- Quality and service:more than 20 years of experiences of OEM/ODM services for leading european valve companies.
- Quick delivery,ready for shipment 2-4 weeks,with considerate stock of resilient seated butterfly valves and components
- Quality guarantee 12- 24 months for resilient seated butterfly valves
- Quality control for each piece of butterfly valve
Main features of U type butterfly valves
- Compact construction results in low weight, less space in storage and installation.
- Centric shaft position,100% bi-directional bubble tightness,which makes installation acceptable at any direction.
- Full bore body gives low resistance to flow.
- No cavities in the flow passage,which makes it easy to clean and disinfect for potable water system etc.
- Rubber lined internally in the body makes fluid not to contact the body.
- Pinless disc design is helpful to prevent the leakage point on the disc.
- ISO 5211 top flange is convinient for easy automation and retrofitting of actuator.
- Low operating torques results in easy operation and economical actuator selection.
- PTFE lined bearings are designed for anti-friction and wear,no lubrication is required.
- Inserted lining to the body, liner easy to replace,no corrosion between body and lining, suitable for end of line use.
- with integral flanges to facilitate the installation of large butterfly valve.
Types of Operation for U type butterfly valve
|Free stem ISO5211 mouting pad||
please refer to our catalogue of butterfly valves for details or contact our sales team directly.
Technical specification of U type butterfly valves
|Design and Manufacturer||API609/EN593|
|Face to face||ISO5752/EN558-1 series 20|
|Flange end||ISO1092 PN6/PN10/PN16/PN25,ANSI B16.1/ANSI B 16.5 125/150|
|Pressure rating||PN6/PN6/PN16/PN25,ANSI Class125/150|
|Test and Inspection||API598/EN12266/ISO5208|
|Actuator mounting pad||ISO5211|
Main parts materials of U type butterfly valves :
|Body||Ductile iron,carbon steel,stainless steel,duplex stainless steel,Monel,Alu-bronze|
|Disc||Ductile iron nickel coated,ductile iron nylon coated/Alu-bronze/stainless steel/duplex/Monel/Hasterlloy|
Valve body materials of U type butterfly valves
Valve disc materials of U type butterfly valves
|Ductile iron nickel coated||
|Ductile iron nylon coated||
|Ductile iron PTFE lined||
|Duplex stainless steel||
Rubber sleeve liner of U type butterfly valves
|NBR||0°C~90°C||Aliphatic hydrocarbons(fuels,low aromatic containing oils,gasses),sea water,compressed air,powders,granular,vacuum,gas supply|
|EPDM||-20°C~110°C||Water in general(hot-,cold-,sea-,ozone-,swimming-,industrial-, etc).Weak acids,weak salt solutions,alcohols,ketones,sour gasses,sugar juice|
|Sanitary EPDM||-10°C~100°C||Potable water, foodstuffs, unchlorined drinking water|
|EPDM-H||-20°C~150°C||HVAC, chilled water, food stuffs & sugar juice|
|Viton||0°C~200°C||Many aliphatic, aromatic and halogen hydrocarbons, hot gasses, hot water, steam, inorganic acid, alkali|
Where is the U type butterfly valves used?
U type butterfly valves,same as all the other resilient seated butterfly valve,is widely used in
- Water and waste effluent treatment plants
- Paper, textiles and sugar industry
- Construction industry, and drilling production
- Heating, air conditioning, and cooling water circulation
- Pneumatic conveyors, and vacuum applications
- Compressed air, gas and desulphurization plants
- Brewing, distilling, and chemical process industry
- Transportation and dry bulk handling
- Power industry
The resilient seated butterfly valves are certified with WRAS in UK and ACS in France,specially for the waterworks.